Monday, July 23, 2007

The Best Defense is A Good Offense

During tonight's Democratic Debate, Hillary Clinton was asked, if elected to two terms as president, how she would feel about a Clinton or Bush serving 28 straight years in the White House, Sen. Clinton replied, “I think it is a problem that Bush was elected in 2000. I actually thought somebody else was elected in that election,” in an obvious reference to Al Gore who won the popular vote in 2000, but lost in the electoral college to George W. Bush. The answer was interrupted by a flurry of applause from the audience.

She then added, “I am running on my own merits, but I am very proud of my husband’s record as president of the United States,” which was also a good applause line.


The only way to turn a defensive position into offense is to keep advancing.

No comments: